Over a Couple of years due to the rapid advancement of technology, the field of smartphones has seen tremendous growth with its variety of options. Now, recently a new smartphone has entered the market which can be called Best Value for Money Smartphone or some may even call it the Potential New Flagship Killer rivaling the OnePlus. It was announced by Xiaomi under a new odd sounding sub-brand named POCO and the smartphone is called POCO F1(for indian market) or the Pocophone F1.
Xiaomi has launched the smartphone under a new sub-brand will they have stressed will be operating independently. But you’ll be seeing the Xiaomi inscription for sometime.
Now let’s talk Specifications of this device.
- Body: Plastic frame, Kevlar or Plastic back, Gorilla Glass front
- Display: 6.18″ IPS LCD, 2,246×1,080px resolution, 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi.
- Rear camera: Primary 12MP, Type 1/2.55″ sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, dual pixel PDAF; Secondary 5MP – serving as depth sensor. 2160p/30fps, 1080p/240fps slow motion.
- Front camera: 20MP, 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture; 1080p/30fps video recording.
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo; MIUI 9.5 for Poco custom overlay, MIUI 10 on the way.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845: octa-core CPU (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver), Adreno 630 GPU.
- Memory: 6/8GB of RAM; 64/128/256GB storage; (hybrid) microSD slot.
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Po; QuickCharge 3.0 fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.16/13 (1Gbps/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5.0; FM radio
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader; stereo speakers; infrared face recognition; 3.5mm jack.
And the Price of delivering that powerful package is roughly $300 or if you are in Indian market where the phone is already launched, the prices will start from ₹20,999.
Also, Xiaomi has announced that they definitely intend to spread the phone to many markets and they have already published a full list of countries where the first ever Pocophone device will be sold.
We have renewed the list of markets POCOPHONE F1 will be available in. We look forward to bringing POCOPHONE F1 to these markets soon! #GoPOCO #MasterOfSpeed pic.twitter.com/dzwJv3jf0K
— POCOPHONE Global (@GlobalPocophone) August 27, 2018
Now, the phone is definitely not perfect. I mean for that price it’s quite understood Xiaomi had to make the cuts somewhere like the phone has no NFC, no water-proofing. Also, the design of the phone is quite generic. The Display of the phone is a normal IPS LCD instead of the AMOLED which is are in higher price range phones. So, the display even though is good and sunlight visibilty is perfectly usable but at a certain extreme angles, the display does become illegible sometimes.
Out of the box, the phone comes with a plastic back. However, if you’d like something a little fancier, you should look into the top Pocophone F1 version with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. Called “Armored Edition”, this model comes with a back made of Kevlar fabric.
Speed is a big part of Xiaomi’s Pocophone F1 marketing campaign and for good reason – the F1 excels at it. With the top-of-the-line internals it packs, using the Pocophone F1 is a delight. It’s fast and very smooth, with no lag of any kind. The Camera on the device are good. They are solid, fare well but nothing exceptional.
So, in my opinion Pocophone has done pretty well this year with its start that’s come up with a flagship killer with a jaw-dropping price. The F1 has everything – a good screen with a notch that holds the infrared scanner for face unlock, the latest Snapdragon chip, expandable storage, stereo speakers, all the necessary ports, and Solid camera experience on both sides of the device.
Now, the Oneplus 6 is the Pocophone’s main competitor, but for starters – it’s more expensive. For the extra cash, you will get an AMOLED panel, glass body and OIS for the main camera, but are those worth the price difference? The Poco F1, on the other hand, will give you a larger battery, stereo speakers, FM radio, and higher-res selfies.
Overall, The Pocophone F1 is a good phone with an amazing deal. If someone’s on a budget, this phone should definitely be at the top of your list of options.
We’d like to hear your opinions, so please share them in the comments section below. It would also be extremely helpful if you could share this article with your friends and family by clicking the Share button below.
Check out some of our previous articles & other articles through our homepage . And please Subscribe to our newsletter by clicking here to ensure you don’t miss any future articles.
One response to “Best Value for Money Smartphone?”
[…] out some of our previous articles & other articles through our homepage . And please Subscribe to our newsletter by […]