iPad Alternatives!

The iPad or new iPad or third iPad or whatever you want call it is the top selling single tablet model, by a lot. But you might be surprised to know that Apple could own an estimated 60% to 70% of the tablet market this year. So, who’s got the other 30%? The Top 5 tablets that you should consider instead of the iPad or New iPad or iPad 3. Oh, whatever. So, let’s go:

#5 The Asus Eee Pad MeMo

The Asus Eee Pad MeMo.  It’s definately got a Goofy name but it’s cheap $250.  This tablet won the Cnet’s Best of CES award for the tablet category a few months back. The display is a lovely 7-inch WXGA resolution IPS panel. This guy has got a NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor, 1GB of memory inside, 12MP rear camera and the latest Android’s Ice Cream Sandwich make us wonder if the price is a typo.

#4  Amazon Kindle Fire.

Yup, it’s at #4 because it’s missing a lot, like cameras, GPS and a mic. Not going to call it bad, because that $200 price and it being the only tablet that is wired into Amazon’s DNA keeps it interesting. But I can’t wait for Fire 2.0.

#3 Sony Tablet S

Yep, Sony actually makes something noteworthy aside from the PS3.

Great design on this guy — a little goofy at first, but just get one in your hand and you’ll find it has great ergonomics. It has Sony’s burgeoning content ecosystem and  it’s also got an integrated IR remote, which is useful considering how many people use tablets while watching TV.  It’s Price is $400 for 16GB.

#2 Samsung Galaxy Tab

Samsung Galaxy Tab Family 10.1, 8.9, 7.7, one for every pocket & purse.

Great screens across the board, excel at being thin and light and Samsung is steadily building real market share against Apple, so you can feel like you’re buying into something that will have more than just collectible value tomorrow. Prices vary a lot by size and whether you buy on  carrier contract or not.

#1 The Asus Transformer Prime TF700T

This one just came out barely a month after the original Transformer Prime! Well, get on eBay and sell the one you have and get this TF700T because it has a much improved 1900×1200 screen res on its 10 inch display, an HD front cam for high def video chat and a new back panel that Asus says will improve Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS performance. Rolls out Q2 of 2012 with Ice Cream Sandwich( Android 4.0) for $600 for 32GB. It goes without saying that the tablet market is crazy right now.

Source: [Cnet][Google]


Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: