This morning EA Origin and Crytek have officially unveiled Crysis 3, the third installment of the high-tech military shooter franchise which will arrive in the spring of 2013.
The first Crysis took place on a tropical island. The second Crysis took place in New York City. The third mashes these two environments together. The “sandbox shooter” will be set in 2047, inside a rainforest created by New York City being under a dome.
Players will find the city sprawled with trees, swamps, and rivers. The city has been divided into seven distinct sections, called the Seven Wonders. Each section will explore a different environment and theme.
The game is set in 2047, and sees Prophet trying to bring down the Cell Corporation as well as discovering the truth behind the Nanodome. Prophet will will be equipped with a composite bow, a new Nanosuit, as well as alien technology and weapons to help him in his quest.
The game will be powered by the now famous CryENGINE, which reached version 3.4 just three days ago ahead of the game’s announcement. According to the CEO of Crytek, Cevat Yerli, says that the CryENGINE gives them that creative flexibility.
Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry that shooter fans will love. Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we’re able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game
Now, Despite the game’s 2013 release date, Origin is already taking preorders, with customers that commit early to the Crysis 3 Hunter Edition. The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition, includes the following:
- The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition gives players the tools to become the ultimate hunter in multiplayer with early access to the new signature bow and its attachments, plus the Hunter Nanosuit module which adds additional power and functionality to the super-suit.
- Gamers who pre-order now will also have a head start when playing online with a bonus XP boost up to level 5, a unique bow skin and three exclusive dog tags to hunt in style.
They’ve even lined up retailer-exclusive preorder bonuses already:
- Stalker Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: for players who like to stalk their prey from the shadows the Stalker Pack provides early multiplayer access to the deadly semi-auto Jackal shotgun. This powerful, close-range shotgun comes with a unique silencer attachment, custom weapon skin and two exclusive themed in-game dog tags.
- Overkill Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Overkill Pack features early multiplayer access to the Typhoon assault weapon and skin. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included are two exclusive Overkill themed in-game dog tags.
- Predator Pack – Includes the base game, all the Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Predator Pack delivers early multiplayer access to the Feline submachine gun and exclusive camo. With an extremely fast rate of fire and a 60 round magazine the Feline is highly effective and deadly, at short range.
Crysis 3 will be available for $59.99 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. It’s up for pre-order now, but the game won’t start shipping until Spring 2013.